Starting September 25, 2017, three Google Ad updates will be made to simplify and improve ad rotation:
1. There will only be two ad rotation settings:
• “Optimize” will use Google’s machine learning technology to deliver ads that are expected to perform better than other ads in your ad group.
• “Rotate indefinitely” will deliver your ads more evenly for an indefinite amount of time.
Starting September 25, “optimize for conversions” and “rotate evenly” will be greyed out in the AdWords interface. This means:
• Google Ad Campaigns using “optimize for clicks”, “optimize for conversions” or “rotate evenly” will use “optimize.”
• Campaigns using “rotate indefinitely” will stay the same.
2. Campaigns using Smart Bidding will use “optimize” regardless of their ad rotation setting.
3. Ad rotation settings will be available at the ad group level.
You do not need to take any action at this time. If you’d like to continue optimizing for conversions, we recommend using Google Ad Smart Bidding.