Step by Step video ad for Facebook and Instagram.
Here you will go through the steps of creating a video ad for Facebook and Instagram.
- Text: 90 characters
- Thumbnail image size: Should match the aspect ratio of your video. Your thumbnail image may not include more than 20% text.
- Video: H.264 video compression, high profile preferred, square pixels, fixed frame rate, progressive scan
- Frames: 30fps max
- Format: .mp4 container ideally with leading mov atom, no edit lists
- Recommended Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1 / 4:3 / SDTV, 1.375:1 / film, 1.77 / 16.9 / HDTV, 1.85:1 / Film, 2:39:1 or 2:40:1 / Widescreen, no pillar boxing or letter boxing
- Audio: Stereo AAC audio compression, 128kbps + preferred
- File Size: Up to 4GB on Facebook. Up to 2.25GB on Instagram.
- Bitrate: No limit to bitrate file if you’re using two pass encoding, as long as long as your file doesn’t exceed 1 GB. Otherwise, 8 megabits per second for 1080p and 4 megabits per second for 720p.
- Length: Up to 120 minutes on Facebook. Up to 60 seconds on Instagram.
Note: On Facebook, all videos under 30 seconds will loop continuously up to a 90 second cap and videos over 30 seconds will return to the first frame with a play button icon overlay.
- Call To Action (Optional):
- Shop Now
- Book Now
- Learn More
- Sign Up
- Watch More
- Using video in your Facebook ads is a great way to keep your audience engaged.
- To start, just click the arrow in the top-right corner and select Create Ads.
- Select the Video Views objective and select the Page you want to advertise for.
Just click to upload a new video or select one you’ve used before from your library.
- Format requirements for your video are on the right. After your video loads, you can choose a thumbnail.
- This is the still image that people will see in your ad before it plays. Just click to select one.
- Next, you can add your message, or see what your video ad will look like in News Feed or on mobile.
- To finish your ad, just choose the audience you want to reach and set a budget.
After a short review period, your ad will be delivered.
- Select the drop-down arrow in the upper-right corner — the drop-down menu will appear
- Select Create Ads
You will be redirected to create your ad in the Ads Manager tool.
- Select the Get video views objective
- Select the page you want to advertise for in the Video Views drop-down menu
- Give your campaign a name
- Then click Set Audience & Budget to move on to the next step
- Use the menu on the left to specify your audience. You may narrow your audience by location, age, and/or gender.
- Information about your audience choices and potential reach will be displayed to the right.
Facebook provides a tool for you to use to select your ad budget. You will be shown exactly what your ad budget is prior to placing your order
- Specify your budget
- Specify when you want to start running your ad
- Provide a name for your ad set.
- Then click Choose Ad Creative to continue
You may upload a new video, select an existing video from your library, or create a slideshow with your images and have it play as a video.
- Choose Upload New Video, Browse Library, or Create Slideshow
- Follow the prompts to select the video or images you want to upload
Select any one of the provided thumbnails to choose the image that best represents your story.
Add text to engage people and invite them to view your video. If you would also like to drive people to a website, you can include your business’s website URL and a clear call to action so that it’s clear what action you want your audience to take after viewing the video.
Note: Call to action options are available for video link ads.
- Type your message in the Text field.
- Then click on the arrow next to Add a website URL for more options.
4. Type in the URL link you want displayed with your ad
5. Select a call to action from the drop-down menu for your video link ad.
You can display your video ad across both the Facebook and Instagram platforms.
- Make sure the Instagram option is selected
- If you already have an Instagram account, you can link it here or use your Facebook Page to represent your business in your Instagram ad
You can preview your ad and see how it will look in Desktop News Feed, Mobile News Feed, Instagram, and Desktop Right Column.
When you’re ready, click Place Order to complete your order.
Hopefully, you’re now ready to leverage the power of video.